Sewing - Project #1
Just tried using the sewing machine by myself for the 1st time. 1.5 hours later, I incorrectly, and very poorly, made a tote bag. I blame the instructions on the Brown Design Workshop page. There are many typos and just wrong instructions (It's titled, "We will make a pin cushion!" then goes on to describe making a tote bag). Anyway, I couldn't figure out how they wanted the handles, but in the interest of getting practice on a project that means nothing, I forged ahead and just stitched stuff.
- Loaded/Threaded the machine for my 1st time, solo
- The presser foot feeds the material really well, keeping it straight
- Using pins is hard. I need practice. Also, sticking myself isn't the best feeling.
- The needle should start sewing while already being in the thread a little bit, otherwise it may be difficult for it to grip the fabric and pull it
- Polyester is very thin and difficult for me because it's so flimsy.